I’ve had this recipe for a while and have been meaning to try it out and what a tasty dish!
It’s from a Waitrose recipe card, simple and quick. With Mediterranean flavours it’s perfect enjoyed outside on a sunny evening with a glass of wine.
- Fresh thyme
- 4 skinless cod loins
- 70g pack pancetta slices
- Olive oil
For the veggies:
- Olive oil
- A few garlic cloves
- Mixed vegetables suitable for roasting
- Sweet potato/potato
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- Lemon slices to serve
- Preheat oven to 200′
- Prepare the veg for roasting. I used sweet and normal potatoes and slightly boiled them first so that they’re soft. Onion, courgette, pepper, cherry tomatoes, and a few crushed garlic cloves.
- Drizzle a baking tray with olive oil and mix the veg together. Add sprigs of rosemary or keep plain and simple.
- Place in the oven for about 40mins
- Meanwhile sprinkle each cod loin with thyme. Wrap slices of pancetta around each cod loin so that ends are underneath. Place in a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Put in the oven 15mins before the veg is ready.
- Add tomato purée to the veg and mix in.
- Serve the mixed roasted potatoes and veg with the cod loin and a slice of lemon.
Fresh, delicious and nutritious!