I’ve had this recipe for a while and have been meaning to try it out and what a tasty dish!
It’s from a Waitrose recipe card, simple and quick. With Mediterranean flavours it’s perfect enjoyed outside on a sunny evening with a glass of wine.
- Fresh thyme
- 4 skinless cod loins
- 70g pack pancetta slices
- Olive oil
For the veggies:
- Olive oil
- A few garlic cloves
- Mixed vegetables suitable for roasting
- Sweet potato/potato
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- Lemon slices to serve
- Preheat oven to 200′
- Prepare the veg for roasting. I used sweet and normal potatoes and slightly boiled them first so that they’re soft. Onion, courgette, pepper, cherry tomatoes, and a few crushed garlic cloves.
- Drizzle a baking tray with olive oil and mix the veg together. Add sprigs of rosemary or keep plain and simple.
- Place in the oven for about 40mins
- Meanwhile sprinkle each cod loin with thyme. Wrap slices of pancetta around each cod loin so that ends are underneath. Place in a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Put in the oven 15mins before the veg is ready.
- Add tomato purée to the veg and mix in.
- Serve the mixed roasted potatoes and veg with the cod loin and a slice of lemon.
Fresh, delicious and nutritious!
So when I asked my boyfriend what do you want me to bake you for your birthday I got this reply!
This is a lovely simple recipe and produces tasty results!
Using a good jam and sprinkling fresh raspberries on the base made a great touch to the finished Tart!
For the pastry:
- 100g plain white flour
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 1 free range egg yolk
For the filling:
- 100g unsalted butter
- 109g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs – beaten
- 100g white self raising flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 3-4drops almond extract
- 2tbsp raspberry conserve
- Handful of fresh raspberries
- 25g flaked almonds
Takes about 1 hour from start to finish.
- Make the pastry first. Rub the butter into the flour and then stir in the sugar, and egg yolk. Add a little cold water until a stiff dough consistency is achieved. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30mins
- Preheat oven to 190′
- Prepare the filling by mixing together the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, ground almonds, and almond extract.
- Roll out the chilled pastry very thin and line a 20cm loose based metal tart tin. Press down firmly. Spread the conserve over the pastry base and scatter the fresh raspberries. Finally pour over the almond filing. Level the surface and sprinkle the flaked almonds.
- Bake for about 25mins.
- Once the sponge is cooked let the tart rest for a while in the tin.
- Enjoy warm with ice cream, cream or custard, or cold with a cuppa!
I love any excuse to flick through my cook books and try out a new recipe! With my Nans birthday around the corner and her love of coconut – I thought thank you Delia Smith!
For the cake:
- 75g grated fresh coconut
- 175g SR Flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 175g soft butter
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 40g grated fresh coconut
- 250g mascarpone
- 200ml fromage frais
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dessert spoon golden caster sugar
50g grated Fresh coconut for decorating the top and side of cake.
- Preheat oven to 170′ fan assisted
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl from height to add as much air as possible
- Add all the other ingredients but the fresh coconut
- Use an electric whisk and mix until smooth
- Stir in the grated coconut and divide between two greased and lined 8inch sandwich tins
- Place them on the centre shelf of the oven for about 30min
- Once baked leave for 5 minutes to cool, then turn out on to a wire cooking rack. Carefully peel off the baking paper. Once cold carefully divide each one horizontally into two halves using a sharp knife
- For the frosting simply whisk all the ingredients together
- Select the plate you want to serve the cake on. Place one layer of the cake on first, followed by a thin layer of frosting, about a fifth. Follow by the next layer and so on. Use the rest of the frosting to coat the sides and the top of the cake and cover with the grated fresh coconut.
Serve and enjoy –
Happy Birthday Nanny 🙂
So highly recommend this recipe! It’s fresh, simple, delicious!
Can eat it straight away warm from the oven or chill and eat later.
- 1 large butternut squash
- Olive oil
- 1tbsp paprika
- 1tbsp mixed herbs
- Bag of rocket
- Mug of pitted olives
- 2 avocados
For the dressing
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2tbsp cider apple vinegar
- 2tbso olive oil
- Sat and pepper
- Preheat oven to fan 180′
- Peel the squash and cut into chunks
- Place in a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, season and sprinkle over the paprika and herbs, add fresh herbs like rosemary if you can.
- Mix everything well and bake for about 40mins – until soft
- For the dressing mix all the ingredients together
- Mix the rocket with the dressing and olives, mix the salad with the squash and slice and mix the avocado in too
This meal was so beautiful!
I was visiting my friend in Bristol and we made our way to the BearPit. Food stalls, live music, it was lovely!… Just needed the sunshine!
I chose this vegan curry stall and asked for two of their curries on rice. One was chickpea based and the other chunks of sweet potato in a coconut sauce. The magic was the sprinkled salad. A combination of fresh herbs, onion and pomegranate – oh my! Pomegranate and curry is a must! It worked so well together!
Delicious!! I want to start making veggie curries now….
Quick meals are the best meals! And when they’re fresh and super tasty even better!
I have followed a recipe from Deliciously Ella.
- GF Brown pasta
- Cherry tomatoes
- Tin tomatoes with chilli
- Tomato purée
- Apple cider vinegar
- Black beans
- Olive oil
- Bok Choy
- Fresh rosemary
- Start in a frying pan with a little olive oil and add the chopped veggies (except spinach) Cook for 5/10mins.
- Add the tomato purée, can of tinned tomatoes, and sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Season and add a little apple cider vinegar. About 1tbsp and taste, add more to taste.
- Add the beans (already cooked)
- Allow to simmer
- Meanwhile cook the pasta. Normally only takes 6mins
- Add the spinach with a few mins to go.
- Once the pasta is drained add to the pan and mix.
- Eat! Yum