Sometimes I think I eat a little too much red meat, so it’s nice to find a simple tasty recipe using pork that takes about an hour from start to finish.
I used a pack of diced Hinton Marsh Farm Pork, if we didn’t have this available at our markets you could use leg or shoulder steak and slice this instead.
I loosely followed the good food recipe below:
1. Start by rolling the diced pork in seasoned flour, and fry off in batches.
2. Fry the onions on a medium to low heat until see through, then add slices of red skinned apples, cook until the apples have turned golden, I added fresh rosemary too.
3. Start to boil up some brown rice.
4. Add warm chicken stock to the apples and pork, stir in some whole grain mustard and bay leaves. Add some brown sugar.
5. Mix and allow to simmer while the rice cooks.
6. Steam some greens for 5mins then serve – delicious!
The sweetness of the apples and the sugar added to the stock makes a sweet tasty meal.